Join AYA and Andrea White on this Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course.
*** New dates coming soon***
This course aims to empower students to teach classes that are:
- Practical, safe, holistic, grounded, empowering, graceful, energising, uplifting, informative, non-judgemental and supportive and nurturing.
- To provide a safe holistic and appropriate application of yoga practices in pregnancy and postnatal.
- Understand yoga philosophy, traditional yoga teachings and cultural views in context of pregnancy, birth and postnatal. Re-evaluating these approaches if needed to ensure physical, energetic and spiritual awareness both mother and baby.
- To empower students to draw on their own knowledge of yoga, understand their own authentic voice and style in teaching pre and postnatal yoga, to ensure that they always teach from a place of truth, love and compassion.
On completing this course you will be able to:
- Have the confidence, tools and skills to safely plan and teach a Pregnancy Yoga class, a Post-Natal Yoga class and a Mother and Baby Yoga Class. In either a group setting or one to one to beginners to advanced yoga students.
- Teach every stage/trimester of a woman’s pregnancy including early pregnancy, preparation for birth, as well as postnatal recovery (fourth trimester).
- Teach a holistic yoga class that enhances a women’s experience of pregnancy, prepares her for birth and motherhood, whilst honouring this special and sacred time.
- Integrate yoga props in to lessons, whilst confidently teaching with chair, walls, cushions and balls.
- Adapt practices for any pregnant or postnatal women who comes to a general yoga class.
- Teach inclusive and supportive classes for those with injury or pre/postnatal common ailments, such as back pain, Pelvic girdle pain, high/low blood pressure.
- Understand the importance of spiritual and philosophical basis of yoga in relation to pregnancy birth and postnatal period, creating a safe sacred space and know how to effectively hold space in all classes, course and one to ones.
- A knowledge of anatomy and physiology in relation to Pregnancy birth and postnatal, understanding what actually happens, understand how yoga would affect a high or low risk pregnancy.
- Know how to support women through all pancha kosha (physically, emotionally, energetically, spiritually, whist also connecting to their inner wisdom)
- Build on your own authenticity, start teaching with what you know, draw from own experiences to develop your own style, ensures teaching from the heart.
Dates: Thurs 21st, Sat 23rd, Sun 24th March & Fri 29th, Sat 30th, Sun 31st March 2019.
- At least 200hr yoga foundation training, or equivalent experience and training or currently training in an approved yoga teacher training programme.
- Alternatively- a professional qualification in the field of pregnancy, postnatal i.e. midwife, Doula, women’s physiotherapist, etc. along with an established yoga practice.
- Attendance to all teaching hours and workshop dates.
- Completion of case studies and background reading and class observations and assessments.
To register and to find out more about the course, click this link.